Friday, July 10, 2015

The Return to MEEEE!!!

So…it’s been awhile. How have y’all been? I took a somber moment to go back and read the last few posts here on Big Funny Girl and, I gotta tell ya’, if you’re still here and following me…well, all I can say is “Thank you!”



Much has changed since my last post, which was in March (but who’s counting?). My depression and anxiety is gone and, mentally, I feel fan-f*ing-tastic. Not like “oh, is she off her meds” fantastic, just really happy and refreshed. I would like to thank my previous leadership team at work for this. Although it took a bit of hoop jumping and paperwork, they helped me transfer to a new position in the company and my work stress is GONE! (seriously, if by some chance you two are reading this - you know who you are - thank you a million times over, I will be ever grateful for your support, encouragement, and help transferring to my new home) I am so glad that, despite seeing my doctor for the depression, anxiety, and bi-polar-ish symptoms that had been crushing me, I stayed strong and declined the newest, shiniest psychotropic medications she thought may help. The change in jobs was literally all I needed.

Now, on to brighter topics….

My hair has gone through a multitude of color changes in the last for months. It’s been lavender, orchid, cotton candy pink, fuchsia, hot pink, cyan, and…..finally, after blogging about it all those months ago…BLUE!


Damn, that color totally looks photoshopped but I assure you that's a 100% accurate pic.

I had an interesting encounter at the grocery store last week. I ranted about it on FB but it bears repeating here, too. I was feeling pretty good, my hair was cyan at the time. The gal working the bakery counter said she loved the color. On my way into the bread aisle, I did a hasty glance at a fellow shopper. He was an unkempt man, maybe in his late thirties or early forties, wearing a grease spotted black tee-shirt that was quite stretched out of shape and a pair of unfortunately saggy black sweat pants. His hair was badly in need of washing. My initial fleeting thought was that of compassion, wondering if he was struggling financially or perhaps in need of mental health care of some sort. That compassion quickly evaporated.

As he rounded the turn into the aisle next door, he loudly states, "Nice hair." The tone definitely inferred condescension so I loudly replied through the rack of bread, "Thanks!" His response was a very 90's "NOT!". I did mumble under my breath what a mutherfucker he was, but it was quiet enough that no one but me knew I uttered it.

We caught up with each other near the cheese. I just couldn't help it...I approached, smiling, and said, "Maybe next time, just keep your opinions to yourself." He did NOT like that at all. He stomped past me in a child-like, tantrummy manner, huffing about how he would NOT keep his opinions to himself. I said in mock concern, "It must be hard to be so perfect." He agreed that it is, in fact, hard to be perfect and that I was dumb and normal people don't have stupid colored hair. I continued my shopping, hoping we'd not cross paths again.

Of COURSE the shortest checkout line was directly behind him. I rolled up, keeping my eyes to myself, and proceeded to load the belt with my goods. It was sweet, sweet irony when I saw that his purchases consisted of a couple of 2 liter bottles of soda, a very large bottle of some cheap vodka, and a bouquet of grocery store flowers. I immediately felt pity for whoever those flowers were intended for.

Well, that's my story for today. Now that I'm feeling back to myself, I am hopeful that I will resume blogging on a more frequent basis. 

Thanks again for sticking by me.....talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, now.