Monday, November 23, 2015

The Frugal Diva

I'm becoming one of *those* people. You know who I'm talking about. The ones who dress their dogs.

It started out innocent enough. As the Wisco weather chills out, my inner frugal diva emerges as the battle of wills ensues... to see how long I can hold out before turning the heat on for the first time of the season.

As the thermostat flutters near 50°F, my little delicate Olimar gave me puppy dog eyes as he dramatically started shivering.
I broke down and bought him a nice royal blue sweater with baby blue trim. It did the trick and kept him toasty; alas, it was too snug. His gangly legs and tiny tummy don't quite match his big, manly barrel-like chest. The sweater was so snug in his little armpits that his baby skin got irritated.

In the interim, Indigo would frequently side-eye her little adopted brother, huffing with envy. So, naturally, I ordered a sweater for her. She loves it.

With Indigo snuggley warm in her charcoal and fuchsia sweater, it was Oli's turn to be envious (but with the chills).

The dizzying array of canine apparel at PetSmart was overwhelming. Holiday sweaters, polar fleece hoodies, vinyl raincoats, flannel pajamas, graphic tees....oh my! I must stop before the amount I spend on dog clothing exceeds the money I save by freezing my ass off in my own house this winter. One sweater and one sweatshirt each will HAVE to be sufficient.

1 comment:

Be nice, now.